Ingredients:9 cups Milk
Juice of 1 lemon
4 cups water
Sugar 1 to 2 cups(As per taste)
Cardamom powder - 1 Tspn
Pistas for garnish
- Add the lemon juice to half cup of water
- Boil milk. When milk comes to boil, slowly add the lemon water and keep stirring.
- As we stir, the paneer starts forming, seperating the water.
- When water starts seperating, switch off the stove. Keep stirring till milk breaks completely and water is seperated.
- Keep a soft cloth on a stainer and filter it.
- Run cold water and wash the paneer, this will remove the bitter lemon flavour.
- Squeeze the water completely from the paneer. If you are unable to do it, you can tie it in a cloth and place a huge weight on it and leave it for sometime, water will get drained.
- Knead paneer fully till it becomes soft and you are able to make smooth,firm balls.
- Make the balls and flatten slightly. (Make small balls as they double after boiling)
- Add 1 cup sugar+3.5 cups water in a pressure pan.(Adjust sugar to taste, its an approx measure)
- Boil water and let sugar dissolve completely.
- Add the paneer balls and close the lid, cook on medium flame for about 10 mins till the balls are fully cooked. The balls rise to double the size.
For the milk syrup:
- Soak few strands of saffron in 4 spoons of warm milk.
- Take 6 cups of milk and boil till it reduces to half.
- Add sugar and boil.
- Add the boiled paneer balls and cook for 5-6 mins.
- Switch off and add grated/cut pistas and serve chilled.