Poha Chivda(Dry snack mixture with flattened rice)
Poha(flattened rice)Red chilli
Roasted chana dal
- Heat oil in a pan and fry the poha till light and crisp. Add pinch of turmeric when poha is hot and stir fry.
- Remove the poha to a tray and let them cool.
- Take little more oil, fry the below ingredients one by one(Do not fry together)
- Roasted chana dal
- Curry leaves
- If you are adding cornflakes, deep fry the raw cornflakes and keep aside.
- In the left over oil, add mustard seeds, cumin, slit red chillies, crushed garlic pods and fry.
- Take all the fried ingredients in a large bowl, add salt, chilli powder and mix nicely.
- For a healthier version and less cooking time, roast the poha in a preheated oven for 3-5 mins before frying in oil.
- Make sure to fry ingredients separately as they tend to get burnt easily/under cooked.
- Use a tissue paper to absorb the oil from all fried ingredients.
- Do not add salt/turmeric/chilli powder when the ingredients are on flame as that would give a burnt black/brown colour.