Tomatoes - 4
Bread slices - 2
Pepper - 1 Tblsp
Garlic pods - 4/5
- Boil 3 cups water in a pan(Enough water to immerse tomatoes)
- Add tomatoes and let it simmer for 10-15 mins. Alternatively we can pressure cook for 1 or 2 whistles.
- Once cooled, remove the skin of the tomatoes and mash them.
- In a pan heat butter/oil, add bay leaf, finely chopped garlic, little pepper, chopped onion.
- Fry till the raw flavor of onions disappears and add the tomato puree. Add little water.
- Let it boil for 5 mins.
- Switch off the stove and let the mixture cool
- Remove the bay leaf and blend in a mixie/blender.
- Use a strainer to filter the puree.
- Add little sugar, the bay leaf removed to the puree and place it on heat
- Bring the mixture to boil.
Serve hot topped with cream and pinch of pepper.
- Chop bread into small squares
- Heat tsp of ghee/oil on a tava and toss the bread pieces till they are crisp and golden brown.
- Removing the skin of the tomatoes is optional.
- Using onion/garlic is also optional but they surely enrich the flavor of the soup.
- If the soup seems to be thin, add a spoon of cornflour/maida/rice flour paste while boiling the mixture in the last step.
- For a healthier version choose Olive oil and brown bread.